TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY VALID FOR SMEG HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES INSTALLED IN NEW ZEALAND
These products are covered by a warranty for a period of 24 months from the date of purchase, subject to the following conditions
*. The Warranty covers rectification free of charge of any fault arising from defective materials or components, or faulty workmanship or assembly.
* The conditions above mentioned are:
1. that the purchaser carefully follows all instructions packed with the product;
2. that the purchaser carefully follows the installation instructions provided and complies with electrical wiring regulations, gas and or plumbing codes;
3. that the purchaser carefully follows instructions provided in the owner’s handbook relating to the proper use and care of the product and does not use the product for any purpose other than the domestic use for which it has been designed;
4. all appliances being used in a non residential commercial situation are covered by a 3 month warranty from the original date of urchase;
5. that the product was purchased and installed in New Zealand; 6. that this warranty does not extend to:
a) optional glass lids for hobs apart from claims which relate to mechanical or physical damage thereof at the date of purchase;
b) light bulbs;
c) damage to ceramic glass caused by liquid
or solid spillovers, lack of maintenance, or impact;
d) damage to surface coatings caused by cleaning or maintenance using products notrecommended by the owner’s handbook;
e) defects caused by normal wear and tear, accident, negligence, alteration, misuse or incorrect installations;
f) a product dismantled, repaired or serviced by any serviceman other than an authorised service agent;
g) a product not in possession of the original purchaser;
7. that if the product is a microwave or small appliance it must be returned to the dealer for servicing. These products, unless stated otherwise have a 12 month warranty from original date of purchase with 24 months on the microwave magnetron; Waste disposers have a 12 month warranty;
8. The provision of service under this Warranty is limited by a 25km boundary from the retailer where the product was purchased. Such travelling outside of these limits will incur commercial cost to be paid by you, regulated by the number ofkilometres travelled beyond the 25km limit (50km return trip).
Nothing herein contained shall be construed in any way as excluding or limiting your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Acts 1993.
For service please contact the dealer/retailer from whom you purchased the product. If you are unable to establish the date of purchase, or the fault is not covered by this Warranty, or if the product is found to be in working order, you will be required to bear all service call charges.
Distributed by Applico Ltd